Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Our Story Continued: Wedding Day


Wedding Day – Tuesday, December 21, 2012
That morning turned out to be even crazier than I expected. I woke up at 3:30 am to find several feet of snow on the ground and a heavy snow fall outside. My plan was to wake up and drive up to Provo where I would get my hair done. Luckily, the girl who was doing my hair happened to live next door to where I was staying. I gave her a call and let her know that I was snowed in (my 1996 Honda would not be able to get out). I got a ride with her (she had a truck) and drove up to Provo; that drive should have only take 15 minutes but instead took over an hour! We finally arrived at the salon and were running behind. It was just past 5 am. My family was also staying in Salem where I was snowed in. My sweet dad got up early to shovel the driveway and decided to do the neighbors as well. My mom and sister were able to make it safely to the salon around 7 am. I barely finished my hair in time and had about 15 minutes to do my makeup and fix everything else. We were schedule to leave Provo around 7:50 due to the roads being in bad condition and I was supposed to be at the Jordan River LDS Temple at 9. My dad wasn’t able to make it up to the salon until 8:45. We finally arrived at the temple at 10 which was when our sealing was scheduled to start. Luckily, there were only a few weddings scheduled for that day and it wasn’t a problem to get in right away. Our sealing was absolutely wonderful and we were surrounded by family and friends. After the sealing we met our guests outside the temple and took pictures.

     













                     

Our wedding pictures turned out perfect! It stopped snowing right when we started them so the finished product was beautiful. 

After the picture taking was over we went through the McDonalds drive-thru with Jordan’s sister Madison and her husband Josh. Kind of a fun memory. We then drove down to Salem where our luncheon took place. Everything turned out amazing! It was a winter wonderland theme and had a cozy feel which went perfectly with the weather. We were able to celebrate our day with close family and friends we hadn’t seen in a while. We had so much help from family and friends to help make our day perfect!












                                              

I also wanted to add some of my bridal pictures for those of you who haven't seen them!







                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment