Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Our Story

I know this is a long post but I really wanted to document every detail of our story together for our kids, grandkids and us to read down the road.

Monday, September 5, 2009
At Brigham Young University it is popular to hike the “Y” mountain which is located in Provo, Utah. A mutual friend of ours happened to invite both of our apartments to hike the Y at midnight.  Jordan returned from serving an LDS mission in Korea one week before we started dating. We all met at Jordan’s apartment complex and drove up to the mountain together. Once we hiked to the top of the mountain, I noticed that Jordan was in the background texting while I sat on a rock with friends. I remember looking back at him and thinking “what the heck, he thinks he is so cool,” but it turns out he was texting his mom! I later noticed Jordan shivering and threw him my sweatshirt which he used for the rest of the night. Our group then walked down the mountain and drove back to his apartment complex where our two apartments decided to get together the next day. Somehow Jordan and I ended up exchanging phone numbers and Jordan told me to “use it wisely!” Later that night (still Monday) Jordan threw a bonfire party and invited me.

Highlights of bonfire: 

·         When we drove to where the bonfire was I sat in the front seat.
·         We played our favorite music on the way up Provo canyon and flirted a little.
·         When we pulled into the parking lot and carried in some wood, Jordan and I were pretty much inseparable the whole night. Jordan says I was following him around like a puppy but I felt the same about him!
·         Roasting marshmallows on small logs by a lake
·         We opened up a lot with each other
·         We had a dance party (one of my favorite things)

The next night my apartment met up with Jordan’s to go clubbing at a new club in Provo. Once we got there, all dolled up, we found out it was closed because it was a week night. We were bummed but went to the Dollar Theater to see Transformers 2 instead. When we walked into the theater Jordan oddly jumped in front of me making it so we sat next to each other. We didn’t watch a minute of the movie. We talked and flirted through the entire movie talking about our favorite things, fun/scary/adventurous things we have done or want to do, etc. We got to the point where we both had our arms on the same rest and were touching! Later that night we texted until it was late and I ended up spending the night on my couch. Jordan fell asleep while we were in the middle of a conversation and texted me the next morning with an apology. He asked me what I had to eat for breakfast and I said ice cream and Captain Crunch. Mmmm. He said I was going to die and that he needed to take me out to dinner. I said okay and that’s when we made plans for our first date.


Wednesday, September 7, 2009
Our first date started by Jordan picking me up at my apartment in Provo, Utah. I can still remember what he was wearing; his light blue long sleeve, button up shirt and jeans. We went to Chilies and we happened to order the same thing. The dinner was not awkward at all and had lots of conversation and when it was silent it wasn’t awkward. We then left and Jordan asked me if I was up for part 2 of the date. I said yes. He took me up Provo Canyon and we talked throughout the entire drive. It was really comfortable. We went up to a spot on the mountain and parked. He pulled out his laptop and a bunch of movies. We chose to watch Orange County. After the movie he showed me a bunch of mission/family pictures and we talked about everything. He then drove me home and gave me a big hug at the door.

Highlights of our first date:

·         Picked me up at the door and walked me to the door at end of night
·         Very polite and well mannered
·         Opened my doors
·         Respected what I had to say and didn’t interrupt
·         Wasn’t awkward or weird
·         Paid for meal and didn’t care what I got
·         Put a lot of thought into our date
·         Lots of jokes and memories that we still talk about

The next day Jordan asked me to lunch and I agreed.  Since he had school all day we figured it would be easiest to meet at BYU in the cougar eat. When I met him in the cougar eat I was talking with my sister, Ashley. After our first date I didn’t know where we would go from there, but when Jordan walked up to me he gave me a small kiss on the check and grabbed my hand as we walked away. We never discussed us becoming a couple, it just happened and we both knew it and were happy!

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment