I wanted to wait to post Jordan's proposal because it so happens that two years ago today he proposed! It is fun that we are back in Myrtle Beach so we can relive that night.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Jordan went home to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in late June of 2010 to work. Since he got home from his mission late August he had to rush off to BYU and only had a week to be with his family. Also, since we knew we were getting married that December he thought it would be nice to be home for his last single summer. I went out the last week of July to spend with him and his family.
Things we did:
· Jordan picked me up from airport in Charlotte
· Met his siblings
· Went to beach and rib city
· Went to church and tour of childhood/high school years
· Went to a western show
· Went to toy story 3 with the Brown family
· Swimming daily
· Boating
· 4th of July
And that’s where Jordan proposed! The night of his proposal I had a paper I had to finish and email to my professor. I was working on it in the guest bedroom of the Brown’s home. Jordan would come into my room every 2 minutes asking “are you finished yet!” Even though it sounds suspicious I wasn’t suspicious one bit! Totally oblivious. After about the 25th interruption I finally decided take a break from my paper for that night and go with him. We first went to this really yummy ice cream place that he loved. Then we found a good spot to park by the beach and ate our ice cream and walked along the beach. It was so perfect! The sky was clear with the stars sparkling, the waves were calm, there weren’t too many people crowding, and there were fireworks in the distance (since it was the 4th of July weekend). We walked and talked/flirted for about 2 hours! We then found a nice spot to sit down, side by side. Somehow marriage came up and he transitioned smoothly into the proposal. He talked about how he loves me and how I’m the only girl he had ever loved. How lucky he was to have me and how much he wanted to spend all eternity with me. Then he turned to his left pocket, away from me, and said “Kaitlyn!!!” like “can you believe it!” and pulled out a ring case. He opened it and asked “will you marry me?” I was so happy I turned away from him and started laughing. Then I threw my arms around him and we starting laughing (I know corny). He asked if that was a yes and I said “yes!” For the next hour or so we were silly and in love on the beach. We then went to our car and I called my parents (they were so happy). The whole ride home we were beaming with joy. When we got back to his parent’s house his siblings met us at the door and were excited. Jordan didn’t tell them he was proposing that night but somehow they just knew! His parents had gone to bed but we woke them up to tell them the happy news and they were thrilled. What a happy night!
Awee..so sweet. I rememeber u coming into our bedroom snd sharing the news when u got back. U were both beaming!!!
ReplyDelete